Configuration of Email Settings
How to manually setup your BSNL mail on your mobile phone. Pl. Follow the following steps.
IMAP4 settings, not the POP3 settings.using a Symbian S60 Smartphone,
1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
2. Select 'Messaging' > 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'E-mail' > 'Mailboxes.'
3. If you have never set up email on your phone before, select 'Yes' to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select 'Options' and then 'New mailbox.'
4. Select 'Start' to begin the setup wizard.
5. Select 'IMAP4' and then 'Next.'
6. Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com') as the email address and select 'Next.' Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
7. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' as the incoming mail server and select 'Next.'
8. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' as the outgoing mail server and select 'Next.'
9. Select the appropriate access point and then 'Next.'
10. Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.
11. Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.
12. Select 'Connection settings' > 'Incoming e-mail.'
13. Enter your address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
14. Select 'SSL/TLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '993.'
15. Select 'Back.'
16. Select 'Outgoing e-mail.'
17. Enter your email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
18. Select 'StartTLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '587.'
19. Select 'Back' and change any other settings according to your preferences.
20. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Gmail Account Setup on N95
Also there is a faster Gmail application Gmail App for mobile. But with it you can not send attachments or mail photos. This is the best way to configure and use gmail on you handset.
How to manually setup your Yahoo mail on your mobile phone.
Also there is a faster Yahoo mail application Yahoo GO App for mobile. But with it you can not send attachments or mail photos. This is the best way to configure and use Yahoo mail on you handset.
Steps to setup Yahoo mail on Nokia E72:
1. I am assuming that you have the free Yahoo mail and not the paid version. Since this is the free version you cannot setup the same directly on your mobile. You have to first setup the account at http://email.nokia.com
2. When you complete your setup at the site mentioned you will get a message on your mobile.
3. Before the next step, you have to get a GPRS connection on your mobile.
4. Now open the message and follow the instructions, it will ask you for the password if you used to setup the account on http://email.nokia.com. Enter that and the setup should complete successfully.
5. Once this first setup is done. Now you can set your GPRS connection to whatever mode you want. You can now also use WLAN based internet connection to update/sync your mail. It’s just that first connection to the server that requires GRPS.